Portfolio

About Me

My photo
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am always out antique shopping, hunting down rare little beauties and constantly thinking up new projects to make. I am the wedding coordinator at Coriander Girl which is also where you can find The Little Florist products.

December 14, 2010

Unfortunately Frowned Upon

There are many flowers out there which have been used and abused. Now when flowers such as Gladiolas and Baby's Breath are mentioned most people will scream in horror. But, what most people don't know is how lovely these little misfits can be if used properly.
Gladiolas:
Striking tall friends that make a huge impact for a tight budget. When used in mass they look absolutely stunning. Here are a couple of arrangements I have done for weddings that turned out quite well if I do say so myself.


Baby's Breath:
Stop picturing it alongside a dozen red roses and imagine it in a tight posy all by itself. When you look at the flowers on their own, you notice how sweet each little flower is and how it forms a beautiful white cloud when bunched together. I absolutely adore this bouquet from my favorite florist Coriander Girl who owns an amazing little shop in Parkdale which you must go and visit.

I think there is no need to be a flower snob and we really look at flowers for what they are and find new ways to use them and put them back in their glory.

No comments: