Portfolio

About Me

My photo
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am always out antique shopping, hunting down rare little beauties and constantly thinking up new projects to make. I am the wedding coordinator at Coriander Girl which is also where you can find The Little Florist products.

March 29, 2011

Wildflower Girls

I had a very sweet man come in the other day who was looking for a big beautiful bouquet with no budget in mind. It gets better... he asked for a wildflower look which just made my heart skip a beat. I absolutely love making bouquets with the "wildflower" or "gardeny" look and wish that I had the opportunity to do so more often. It's kind of like when you go into a tattoo shop and ask the artist to do their favorite style of art and you would like to get one of the things they love to draw most. Quite frankly they are going to give it their all because they love what they are doing and they are excited about it. I realize this is kind of a weird comparison because not many of you know that I had previously worked at a tattoo shop for a couple of years. It's kind of neat being able to make a liaison between two completely different industries but I guess that it has more to do with the fact that we are all artists in our own way.

1 comment:

Urbanstems said...

Your Wildflowers rock!