Portfolio

About Me

My photo
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am always out antique shopping, hunting down rare little beauties and constantly thinking up new projects to make. I am the wedding coordinator at Coriander Girl which is also where you can find The Little Florist products.

December 14, 2010

The Pillow Maker

After being inspired by one of my favorite blogs http://adaanddarcy.blogspot.com I set out on a quest to making some lovely floral pillows. I sure found out quick that it is not as easy as it seems to find amazing floral print fabric even in Toronto's Fashion District. I wasn't so sure at the beginning about whether or not my darling boyfriend would kill me for getting such girly fabric but I decided to take the plunge anyway. Luckily it turns out I wasn't in trouble and he actually liked it in the end! Putting my new found sewing skills to the test by sewing these pillows by hand with no ruler I decided to make a stool cover as well, again with no ruler...
Surprisingly it also turned out quite well. Seeing as I had no sewing machine (yet) I was not able to make a hem so i took the left over fabric, braided it and hand then stitched it on to finish it off. Thank goodness for http://.beachvintage.blogspot.com for this fun and easy idea and all of her other D.I.Y projects!

No comments: